Participation in this course will allow students to gain skills in the following areas:
- Playing age- and ability-appropriate music from the chamber music repertoire
- Playing an individual part in a multi-part work
- Playing in tune solo and with others
- Learning to work the social dynamics of chamber music, such as eye contact, moving, and cuing
- Enhancing sensitivity to appropriate tone, dynamics, and vibrato
- Improving tone, articulation, and technique
- Learning and implementing ensemble elements like cohesiveness, balance, phrasing, style, and dynamics
- Listening critically, analyzing their performance and utilizing group problem solving in rehearsals
Students must be able to play the following scales: Bb Major, F Major, Eb Major, G Major, D Major, Chromatic. Potential members may be required to meet with the instructor to determine placement in the ensemble.
Dates for Winter/Spring 2015:
January 17, 24, 31
February 7, 28
March 7, 14, 21, 28
April 18, 25
May 2, 9, 16, 30
June 6, 13*
*The final recital will be on Saturday, June 13th during the usual meeting time.
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
NJWA Studios, 150-152 East Broad Street, Westfield, NJ
To register for the Fluteketeers, please visit our website: http://tinyurl.com/fluteketeers and follow the following procedure:
- Click on the “Registration” tab
- Fill out the form
- Click submit
A bill reflecting the tuition fee of $300 will be mailed to you. Tuition payment is due by January 31, 2015.
Questions? Ideas? Opportunities?
Please visit us online at http://tinyurl.com/fluteketeers or email us at