Participation in this course will allow students to gain skills in the following areas:
- Playing age- and ability-appropriate music from the chamber music repertoire
- Playing an individual part in a multi-part work
- Playing in tune solo and with others
- Learning to work the social dynamics of chamber music, such as eye contact, moving, and cuing
- Enhancing sensitivity to appropriate tone, dynamics, and vibrato
- Improving tone, articulation, and technique
- Learning and implementing ensemble elements like cohesiveness, balance, phrasing, style, and dynamics
- Listening critically, analyzing their performance and utilizing group problem solving in rehearsals
This course is for students in grades 4 to 12.
Dates for 2013:
Saturdays, January to March
2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
NJWA Studios, 150-152 East Broad Street, Westfield, NJ
The class will culminate with a performance of the music learned and rehearsed by the students. More information on the performance date, time and location will be given during rehearsals.