The Alexander Technique (A-T) is an experiential learning method for improving integrative mind-body awareness in movement as applied in performing with musical instruments or singing. A-T lessons are also helpful in recuperating from highly demanding practicing rehearsals and performances, and in the prevention or reduction of pain, restrictions or injuries which may be experienced by musicians (e.g., of muscles, joints, neck, shoulders, arms, elbow, wrists, fingers, back, legs, knees, feet, vocal organs, breathing, chest, embouchure-related, and those related to fatigue, anxiety or stage fright).
In addition, this method can be helpful for…
- Reducing general tension, stress, and anxiety
- Improving coordination, balance and awareness of body stature
- Increasing vitality and mental clarity
- Improving skills in daily activities including sports, presentation and interpersonal communication
- Relieving chronic pain/illnesses, such as asthma, persistent back pain.
- Preventing future injuries
- Improving general wellness and self awareness
NJWA Student Rates:
30 minute session, existing student – $25
45 minute session, existing student – $37
60 minute session, existing student – $50
30 minute session – $50
45 minute session – $65
60 minute session – $80
Group Session : 4 person minimum for 90 minutes – $30 per person
All sessions are taught by Zadok Ruben
Photographs and/or videos of participants in this program may be used in various forms of publicly released media such as websites, social media platforms, advertisements, brochures, posters, etc. Parents/guardians of participants must notify the NJWA in writing if they do not consent to these uses of photos/videos of their child(ren).