My name is Malcolm Joseph and I am excited to let you know I am setting up a Music Production Studio and program at New Jersey Workshop for the Arts! Students who join this program will learn:
– the types of equipment and music programs used for working within a recording and production studio.
– to independently use the program Logic Pro X.
– to demonstrate and explain how to set up a mixing console and learn the workings of the mixing board.
– how to create a template to record live instrumentation, individual musicians and bands.
– the use of virtual instruments within the music/recording program.
– to develop techniques for microphone placement on drums, bass, and guitar.
– how to apply a system to digitally record to the computer via mixing console, while observing recording levels, EQ, compression and other attributes to gain a good sound for recordings.
– how to analyze waveforms and intricate sample editing; distinguish the use of virtual plugins and virtual instruments.
– how to plan ahead and manage a recording session as an engineer/producer.
– how to create their own track, which will be engineered and produced from an original music composition.
– there will also be recording sessions for bands and solo artists.
Watch this space for updates!
Photographs and/or videos of participants in this program may be used in various forms of publicly released media such as websites, social media platforms, advertisements, brochures, posters, etc. Parents/guardians of participants must notify the NJWA in writing if they do not consent to these uses of photos/videos of their child(ren).