My name is Malcolm Joseph and I am excited to let you know we are setting up a Music Production Studio course at New Jersey Workshop for the Arts! Students who join this program will learn:
- the types of equipment and music programs used for working within a recording and production studio.
- to independently use the program Logic Pro X.
- to demonstrate and explain how to set up a mixing console and learn the workings of the mixing board.
- how to create a template to record live instrumentation, individual musicians and bands.
- the use of virtual instruments within the music/recording program.
- to develop techniques for microphone placement on drums, bass, and guitar.
- how to apply a system to digitally record to the computer via mixing console, while observing recording levels, EQ, compression and other attributes to gain a good sound for recordings.
- how to analyze waveforms and intricate sample editing; distinguish the use of virtual plugins and virtual instruments.
- how to plan ahead and manage a recording session as an engineer/producer.
- how to create their own track, which will be engineered and produced from an original music composition.
Watch this space for updates!